XF 1.3 Changing Domain? D:

Riaz

Soo I really want to change the domain of my Xenforo forums from Recklesspvp.com - FactionAcademy.com Now, I wasnt the one setting up xenforo. That was my friend. So now that I no longer can contact him due to personal reasons Im quite lost at how to do this.

My Xenforo is hosted on a dedicated server and Im quite bad at configuring the Xenforo part.
So Ive set my domains to point to the correct IP adress. but if you go to
http://factionacademy.com -> You will see that error thing. And if you go to http://recklesspvp.com its the forum page.

So what I ask is, how do I swap it over so factionacademy.com becomes the url of my website?
Please also leave it a bit specific answer since Im obviously not the best at this.
Thanks!!

The apache welcome screen is telling you that your domains has not been configured properly and thus is showing you the default welcome page. You need to update your old domain to start serving pages under the new domain. If you can specify which type of CPanel do you have, I can perhaps give you more detailed information on how to do it.

The apache welcome screen is telling you that your domains has not been configured properly and thus is showing you the default welcome page. You need to update your old domain to start serving pages under the new domain. If you can specify which type of CPanel do you have, I can perhaps give you more detailed information on how to do it.
Im sorry, Im not very good at this so Im not sure. I think it might be phpmyadmin

You're going to need a sysadmin probably, or someone with knowledge to configure your web server correctly. This isn't really XenForo end. I'm sure some members here would do this for free.

People like myself, @MattW etc charge but we're also pretty good at it.

I'd provide instructions but if you don't really know your way around the command line I'd recommend getting someone to just set this up for you.

Basically you need to tell the new vhost in apache to use the same root location as your current (old domain) vhost. You will also need to do some rewrites if SEO is important to you. It's not that hard to do, you are already 1/2 way there. I'd normally be happy to take a look but I'm a little covered with work right now.

Top Bottom