1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Changing Category Node Icons

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by MQK8, May 27, 2014.

1. MQK8

MQK8 Active Member

I need to change an icon on a third party style from a round silver circle to a massage hand, both in which I've included screenshots of. Can someone point me in the right direction, is this an easy thing to do, and being a noob is this an html thing? Below is what I'm referring to. Any and all advice would be great. I saw the tutorial by Jake Bunce on nodes, but didn't know for sure if that's what I need to have done.

Thanks

massage hand icon.png imagesBGYRO63T.jpg

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Replace the icon in the directory for the style.
    If the images are different sizes, you will need to make the necessary changes in the Style Properties.

3. MQK8

MQK8 Active Member

Nice, thanks Brogan..

4. MQK8

MQK8 Active Member

Brogran,

Just for clarification, you mean go to my cpanel, directory and replace the image there, correct?

5. Brogan

The directory on your server.

6. MQK8

MQK8 Active Member

Hi Paul
    I tried replacing the new image with the old image on my server using my FTP client, reformatted it to a png image and nothing happened. Do I need to rename it and/or is there a way of doing this using the extra css or CSS like you can with everything else?

Thanks

7. Brogan

You may be better off asking the style designer as the instructions I have given should work assuming they are following the default method.

8. MQK8

MQK8 Active Member

Okay, thanks Brogran.. I don't know where I got Paul at, lol

9. Brogan

I suspect from the ticket system :)

10. MQK8

MQK8 Active Member

Ah, that is it, lol.. Funny how my mind works or don't work sometimes.