Changed hosting service, now my sql database won't work

Hey!

I recently changed hosts and now obviously my mysql databases won't work.
I took a backup and restored it, but it's obvious that it wouldn't work.

The username for the mysql databases changed (and passwords probably too), so I checked the mysql.sql file in my backup and all the database names changed. So now it can't find it's databases any more.

I can't change the username, as it's imprison_* (coming from viperdre_*) and can only change the latter part. I have no experience in SQL so I won't begin on editing that file.

Is there a way I could fix this? If you need any more information, please do ask!

Thanks!

Hey!

I recently changed hosts and now obviously my mysql databases won't work.
I took a backup and restored it, but it's obvious that it wouldn't work.

The username for the mysql databases changed (and passwords probably too), so I checked the mysql.sql file in my backup and all the database names changed. So now it can't find it's databases any more.

I can't change the username, as it's imprison_* (coming from viperdre_*) and can only change the latter part. I have no experience in SQL so I won't begin on editing that file.

Is there a way I could fix this? If you need any more information, please do ask!

Thanks!

The name of the db in the backup file is irrelevant. All you have to do is update the config.php file with the db info of the new host where you restored the backup and you should be all set.

Top Bottom