MG 2.2 Change site from vB to Xen - New media procedures

PaulProe

We are moving a site from vB4 to Xenforo. We've set up a test site to get familiar with Xenforo and test the import process. All has gone well.

We currently have a small gallery, based on Coppermine. I don't see an importer for it. We felt the easiest way is to just repost the images into Xenforo Media - but I don't know how it interacts with the forums and the database.

The suggested procedure for conversion/import is to have Xen up and running and use the new 'empty' xenforo database, shutdown the old forum, import and go.
We would like to be able to load all the images prior to doing this.

Can we start with an empty Xenforo database, load the images into Media, then import the balance of the database when appropriate?

Or can someone suggest a workflow to get from separate vBulletin and Coppermine installs into a combined Xenforo w/ Media

Our goal is to work on the backend for the next month, then shut down for a short time to do the import. Hoping this would be an 'overnight' type process. If we have to add the images after the import, that lengthens the conversion process dramatically till we get to a completely converted forum. The labor time is identical, but if we have to do it afterward, that appears to lengthen the process to our users since they would see the forum first then see the media conversion as we work on it in real-time instead of behind the scenes.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Paul

ps: I see that an importer for Coppermine has been suggested but it appears this has never been completed. Any updates?

Can we start with an empty Xenforo database, load the images into Media, then import the balance of the database when appropriate?
No - incremental imports are not supported with the XF provided importers.

There isn't an importer available for Coppermine so it would require a custom developed importer, unless there is some way of converting the existing VB installation to VB albums, for which there is an importer.

Top Bottom