1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Change secondardy group id to a higher id, is it possible?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by GazCBG, Aug 14, 2015.

1. GazCBG

GazCBG Member

I have some secondary groups, one has the id of 5, I would like to change the id to 15 or more.
    Is this possible and if so how would I go about doing so?
  2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

The only way would be to create a new user group; otherwise, it's not possible.
    GazCBG likes this.
  3. GazCBG

GazCBG Member

So if I wanted it to be 15 and I already had up to id 9, I would have to create 6 ids and use the 6th one, is that right?
  4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Why do you need the user group ID to be a specific value?
  5. GazCBG

GazCBG Member

I have setup a Minecraft server and want it to be limit access to a set usergroup which is group id 5.

So I installed CommunityBridge on the Minecraft server, which check to see if they are a forum member, which works.
    However there is no way standard way to limit the user group.
    But I have found a work around to use the post limit in CommunityBridge, if I set it to check the secondardy group id in xf_user and that works.

Howevr I have groups 6, 7 and 8 which also can get access, which I don't want.
    So I thought if I put the group id for 5 up to 15 it will be work and allow 9 to 14 group ids free, or maybe even higher.

Hopefully this is just a temp fix, till the create of the Minecraft plugin can add the function.