Lack of interest Change "Name" to "Username" on Sign Up Form

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

trichome

I'm seeing quite a few duplicate registrations and name change requests from people who accidentally put their real name into the "name" field. Apparently a lot of people don't read things like the descriptions or rules while filling out online registrations.

Changing the field label to "Username" would probably prevent most of these issues. It's also probably more accurate considering most people don't use their real name.

Untitled-1.webp

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Thanks, this did the trick. I feel dumb now. :D

Username might still make more sense by default since the vast majority of forum users are not using their real name and most don't read instructions when filling out forms online.

O its ok I know how to install it but thanks for asking if I need help :D

He means you're asking for support (by asking how to do something) with a xenForo installation without linking a license, so they don't know if you've really got a license or not ;)

Liam

He means you're asking for support (by asking how to do something) with a xenForo installation without linking a license, so they don't know if you've really got a license or not ;)

Liam
I just got xenforo today I was just reading about and seeing how to edit things by using the demo they had.

Top Bottom