Change Limit

Change Limit 2.0

No permission to download
Screen Shot 2014-06-19 at 1.19.31.webp

• For a post, I changed the "Allow editing until:" to the year 2025. It saved OK. Now when I click again "Change Limit" on the same post, it again shows me 2014. Why doesn't it show the new date I just set before?
  • When I edit a post number #2, #25, or any post number really, it always says "Change limit for post #1"? Why doesn't it correctly say what is the post number being edited?

Otherwise, a great addon.

This is not working for me. I change the date on a thread, then when I check it again, the same date (from the past) shows. Why?

I figured this out btw. You can change this by finding this code in library\Andy\ChangeLimit\ControllerPublic\Post.php:

Code:
    if ($endDate != '')
     {
       // format endDate
       $formattedEndDate = date($timeFormat, $endDate); 
     }

And change it to:

Code:
    if ($endDate != '')
     {
       // format endDate
       $formattedEndDate = date($timeFormat, $endDate);

$formattedDate = $formattedEndDate;   
     }

That now makes more sense.

As far as I can see, this Add-on does need a serious overhaul:

• It does not respect node permission editOwnPost
  • It does add an additional query for every displayed post if the viewing user does not have permision to edit it
  • The calcculation for the end time is completely wrong

AndyB updated Change Limit with a new update entry:

See description

On Dec 31, 2015 version 1.6 of this add-on was released to address an exploitable SQL injection vulnerability. If you are still using a version of this add-on which is below 1.6 or released before Dec 31, 2015 then it is essential that you update to the latest version of the add-on as soon as possible to fix this security issue. If you have any further questions, please ask.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom