1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Change from #post-id to #postid

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Argema, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Argema

Argema Member

Hello,
    I am migrating from an old vBulletin to Xenforo.
    In my old vbulletin the url of a single post in a thread is like
    ...threadname/#postpostid
    Example /hello/post4

In Xenforo instead, the url is
    /hello/post-4.

Well, I need to modify Xenforo in order to have
    /hello/post4 also in Xenforo.
    I need to eliminate that - between post and postid.

Thanks

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. Argema

Argema Member

If I press #2, your post, this is the permalink that I find:
    https://xenforo.com/community/threads/change-from-post-id-to-postid.113963/#post-1050052

Many people, in their blog or in their forum, often link individual posts of my vbulletin based forum.
    I need not loose all this traffic, so I am writing the redirection rules for my server, and I have now the problem that on my vbulletin I have the permalink
    #post1050052 (without the - )
    while on Xenforo the permalink is #post-1050052

I need to change the url of the post in Xenforo from #post-1050052 to #post1050052

I know that I cannot write redirection rules for what follows #, I m writing the rules for the first part of the permalink, but if what follows # should be the same, modern browsers should do the rest of the job.

To be more clear.
    My old vbulletin Url .../threadname-threadid/ will be 301 redirectet to /threadname.threadid/
    but a user that will click on a referral link like /threadname-threadis/#postpostid will arrive to the correct post, if he has a modern browser, only if the Xenforo permalink should be /threadname.threadid/#postpostid .. and not /threadname.threadid/#post-postid

i need to eliminate the - after #post ... that's all.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016