Change forum based on domain

Kent

I'm wondering about a specific situation dealing with the usage terms.

Let's say I own website.nl, website.de, website.fr for example.
Would it be violating the terms to have Dutch language forums at the top on website.nl, with other language forums collapsed (and expandable) at the bottom?
And for website.de, German at the top, and website.fr, French at the top, and so on.

Another example, sfw.website.com, where forums with certain content are collapsed at the bottom.

All parts of the forum are still fully accessible from any domain, but the site's look changes based on it.

More difficult, would it be against the terms to change the website's theme based on domain? This could make the site look completely different, but still be the same thing.
Example use: m.website.com or website.mobi.

Back at the original example, website.de might use a different theme for a German-specific holiday, but website.nl and website.fr won't because it doesn't apply to the user base.

From what I understand, the terms are supposed to stop someone from buying one license and using it on multiple domains or making each domain display different forums for the purpose of circumventing the need to buy more licenses.

not sure ... all the domain will be run the same install or URL /home/xx/xx/forum ....
because you would be able to relay more than one domain to the same install ....

The license agreement is quite clear in the matter.

It would also be why when you download the software you have to inform XenForo of the SINGLE url you are installing it at.

it is ok to host many domains to the same forum ... I think this argument was made and I did understand it is ok if u have xx.com and xx.net for the same forum

I think this answers the question relating to the post.

Can multiple domains or subdomains be used with a single license?Yes, as long as the domains or subdomains all resolve to the same installation, all of the content is available at every domain or subdomain, and there is no attempt to make them appear as separate installations.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/pre-sales-faq.4951/

From the OP's description he wants to make them apear like seperate installations.... or thats how I read it at least.

no he want his lang selection to be deffier from domain to domain so ... if xx.fr -> lang is french ... if xx.sa -> lang is Arabic ... let say it a;so will direct it to the arabic support section on the forum ! .... same install same DNS resolve

this is how I did understand the issue ....

Here is a code example showing how you can force different styles based on the domain:

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/different-style-per-domain-code-example.394/

This can be expanded to include languages. This is just an example though. There can be technical difficulties associated with trying to partition a forum like this, not to mention possible issues with the license agreement. But it's possible if you have a web programmer at your disposal.

Top Bottom