XF 1.2 Change colour of blue dot (thread unread)

Mr Lucky

can someone please tell me how I change the colour of the unread blue dot?

Thanks

I tried changing unread.png and unread-sprite.png but to no avail.

Something odd happening though when I edit the file. As soon as I open xenforo-ui-sprite.png in Photoshop, then some of the icons change, e.g. from
arrows-1.png
to
arrows-2.png

Do you know what is causing this?

Aha, thanks, I thought it must be something like that. I'm using Photoshop so presumably I can't edit it. I will try installing Fireworks.

You should be able to select them in photoshop (magic wand tool) will do it and then overlay it with another colour if this is the plan. Ideally, colouring them directly from a vectored layer is more ideal(which is what I do) so it might be best re-creating the icon.

You should be able to select them in photoshop (magic wand tool) will do it and then overlay it with another colour if this is the plan. Ideally, colouring them directly from a vectored layer is more ideal(which is what I do) so it might be best re-creating the icon.

The problem is that opening the file directly in Photoshop causes all the transparency goes black (see example screenshots in post #5 above). I can get around this by opening in Preview (on a mac), then saving as a tiff file and opening that in Photoshop. All the answers to searches I did showed that this is inevitable.

But I have to either save as 24 bit png (not totally compatible with all browsers) or as 8 bit with a selected matte colour (not compatible with different background colours)

I fixed the problem by using Fireworks which can open, edit and save 8bit transparent png files (there is a 30 day free trial)

The problem is that opening the file directly in Photoshop causes all the transparency goes black (see example screenshots in post #5 above). I can get around this by opening in Preview (on a mac), then saving as a tiff file and opening that in Photoshop. All the answers to searches I did showed that this is inevitable.

But I have to either save as 24 bit png (not totally compatible with all browsers) or as 8 bit with a selected matte colour (not compatible with different background colours)

I fixed the problem by using Fireworks which can open, edit and save 8bit transparent png files (there is a 30 day free trial)

I really need to find the GDK XF-ui- sprite I created a while back It's fully vectored (one click colour moderations) so your not faced with this hassle. If I can locate it since i think it's on the other comp I'll post it in the resource manager.

Top Bottom