XF 1.5 Change Board URL (new domain)

Historical

Hello,

I installed Xenforo on olddomain.tld and would like to change (only the domain name) to newdomain.tld can I simply do this by changing the board url? Right now I have redirected newdomain.tld to point to olddomain.tld. I'm assuming I can just change the URL in settings and then remove the redirect?

Thanks

Changing the Board URL won't affect the domain the software is installed on.

You would need to purchase the new domain, set it up accordingly with your hosting account, then move the files (if required).

The Board URL can then be changed (but that mainly affects links in emails, the sitemap, etc.).

Changing the Board URL won't affect the domain the software is installed on.

You would need to purchase the new domain, set it up accordingly with your hosting account, then move the files (if required).

The Board URL can then be changed (but that mainly affects links in emails, the sitemap, etc.).

Yea I have the domain purchased and it's setup on my hosting account. But do I have to move the files to newdomain.tld folder from olddomain.tld folder? The new domain is an addon domain since the hosting account has a primary domain. So my ftp basically looks like this:

ROOT
-olddomain.tld
-newdomain.tld

So I have to move everything (xenforo installation) from olddomain.tld folder to newdomain.tld folder and then change board URL?

Yes, you would need to move the files, or rename the folder(s).
Well I cant rename the folder since the folder name is the name of an actual domain.

But "move the files" is that simply Cut and paste? If so, how do I access the board if the current URL before moving is set to olddomain.tld (now that folder is empty since I moved XF)?

Top Bottom