Chameleon Project - Innovative Android Homescreen Replacement

Forsaken

Project Homepage: http://chameleon.teknision.com/
Kickstarter: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gaborvida/chameleon-a-better-home-screen-for-your-android-ta

I saw this a week or so ago, and for anyone who is interested in Android, you'll probably find this interesting.

Chameleon is a homescreen replacement for Android tablets, that allows homescreens to be setup basaed on criteria such as time, location or network, and will switch to that specific homescreen depending on the settings. The homescreens are made up of gorgeous widgets, that can be added or adjusted for each individual homescreen.

The logic behind the criteria based homescreen is that people only use specific apps/features at specific times, places, or on certain networks. At home you're likely to check the weather, your email, news feeds and social networks, while at work you'll check emails, calendar, and tasks, and in the evening you're more likely to be entertainment focused. There is no limit to the homescreens that can be created, though they assume no more than 5 will be used (Which is often the amount people have on their phone or tablet anyways).

Their main focus is currently Android tablets (10", 1280 x 800 or higher which run Android 3.2 or higher), though they have mentioned the possibility of supporting phones, or lower resolution tablets after the product officially launches in September.

I'd recommend anyone who has an interest going to the Kickstarter and taking a look at the images they have there, as well as watching the video that shows some usage and gives a better introduction to the project. And obviously back it if you want it ;).

Holy crap. That looks beautiful. A much better idea and design then the current Android screens AND the iOS home screens. I still miss my Android widgets...

Holy crap. That looks beautiful. A much better idea and design then the current Android screens AND the iOS home screens. I still miss my Android widgets...
You can do things that are similar to it on Android, the main focus on this is the automated homescreen switching, which is just amazing.

This is also the same company that did the Blackberry Playbook UI, which is actually quite impressive, the tablet itself just sucks.

You can do things that are similar to it on Android, the main focus on this is the automated homescreen switching, which is just amazing.

This is also the same company that did the Blackberry Playbook UI, which is actually quite impressive, the tablet itself just sucks.
Oh, I know you can. But this is beautiful and seems more useful. I miss my widgets... iOS only provides 2 stock ones and developers can't create them. I only use 1 of them... They be lame.

Top Bottom