XF 2.1 Certain threads pull description from random page when hovering over titles

PumpinIron

Go to this page:

Hover over the thread titled: Yukon Spin Free Conversion Rubicon Application Question

You should see this:

Screen Shot 2019-05-10 at 11.37.58 AM.png

For some bizarre reason, it's pulling the info from some random place, and I have no idea where!

The odd thing is, it only does this when you hover over certain thread titles, but not others. There's no rhyme or reason to it at all, and I'm totally perplexed.

I've tried disabling all add-ons and switching to the default theme, and it still does it!

It appears that hover text is being pulled from this thread:

This was the first thread I ever created when I started the forum.

What gives? Is this some sort of XenForo bug @Mike?

That would seem to indicate that the first_post_id field in the database has been incorrectly set... there is a Rebuild threads job in Tools->Rebuild caches that'll rebuild this data. If you run that, is the issue resolved?

Liam

That would seem to indicate that the first_post_id field in the database has been incorrectly set... there is a Rebuild threads job in Tools->Rebuild caches that'll rebuild this data. If you run that, is the issue resolved?

Liam

Good thinking! That appears to have fixed it. I'll keep trying to see if I noticed it again (as it was only happening on random thread titles (not all of them), but after rebuilding the threads, it's not happening on that thread title that it was happening on before!

Top Bottom