• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Censored Avatars - Stop SOPA

dtmcl

Oppose SOPA? So do I.

I didn't want to close my forum for the day so I activated the Cloudflare app and made thses funky Censor strips for our avatars.

ITPFJ.png

Props to Shelley who made the Halloween Cobweb Avatar's which this code is based off.

Open the message_user_info template

Find:

Code:
<div class="avatarHolder">

Add After:

Code:
<span class="helper"></span>

Add this to EXTRA.css:

Code:
.message .helper {
background: transparent url('@imagePath/xenforo/overlay/censor.png') no-repeat;
display: block;
height: 47px;
left: 11px;
position: absolute;
top: 50px;
width: 100px;
}

Upload the image to your /styles/YOURSTYLE/xenforo/overlay

censor.webp

OR

stop.webp

This is wonderful!

However, I think you should make it so when a user clicks on the "CENSORED" or "STOP SOPA" image in avatars they're taken to a site like americancensorship.org so they can get more info on what it's about and what they can do to help stop it.

Just my two cents. :)

Changing the helper span to this should work:

Code:
<a href="http://americancensorship.org/"><span class="helper"></span></a>

But if we click an avatar we expect to get the membercard.
Some users in sympathy with our politics, or at least not hostile, would be OK. But others it might actually annoy them so much it would deepen their hostility to our position. After all controlling their options to block access to membercard/ profile is a mild form of cendorship in itself.

I think either click the CENSORED bar to go to the site but the rest of the avatar acts normally.
Or add another strip along the bottom - "Get my profile" or something.

Hey this would be great idea for ribbons.

Breast Cancer Awareness for an example...

Top Bottom