Lack of interest Censor log

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Spartan

I'd like to see a log of attempts to post anything that is in the censoring word list. It would help track down those who repeatedly try to get around the filter.

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
If I am not wrong, I think XenForo dynamically filters out content. Meaning if you would remove it later, it is as if the post is restored. (shows censored content censored after the fact)

What you require is that it updates the actual content of the post when it's being saved. And at that moment, update the naughty counter for that user by one.

And yes, I like the suggestion. I think it would be quite handy to know who could potentially receive a warning for reaching a certain threshold of naughty points.

If I am not wrong, I think XenForo dynamically filters out content. Meaning if you would remove it later, it is as if the post is restored. (shows censored content censored after the fact)

What you require is that it updates the actual content of the post when it's being saved. And at that moment, update the naughty counter for that user by one.

And yes, I like the suggestion. I think it would be quite handy to know who could potentially receive a warning for reaching a certain threshold of naughty points.

I am hounded by ad vendors about language and media. I annoys me to no end to contact someone about either and hear, "sorry, I didn't know." Then I check the edit history for their post only to find they edited it several times until they found a way around whatever was in the filter (e.g., fvck).

The spam log is great (but I'd love a link to the actual post for each entry in the ACP> Spam log > post). I guess I should make that a separate suggestion.

I know, offtopic, but if someone wants to advertise on my website, they do it because they like the site. If that includes we allow 18+ people to swear once in a while .. then they should be ok with that as well. The forum rules are clear, and the members should stay within them. I think advertisers should realise this and accept that. Otherwise they're simply not the type of advertisers I would want for my website. I understand that money talks, and it pays the bills. But .. Anyway, in your situation I understand you have members who bypass the censor and the forum has anti swearing rules. In that case advertisers should also understand this is a thing that happens on the Internet and moderators can't be on top of things 24/7.

ANYWAY< on topic > I think a log file of user x has triggered censor filter y times in z posts, .. would certainly help with forum management. Plus, this could mean auto warnings (lowering moderator involvement), and with enough warnings they can get temp bans or their posts auto moderated. I only see benefits to be honest.

+1

Tell that to Adsense, and then get back to me. Advertisers pay the bills.

I know, offtopic, but if someone wants to advertise on my website, they do it because they like the site. If that includes we allow 18+ people to swear once in a while .. then they should be ok with that as well. The forum rules are clear, and the members should stay within them. I think advertisers should realise this and accept that. Otherwise they're simply not the type of advertisers I would want for my website. I understand that money talks, and it pays the bills. But .. Anyway, in your situation I understand you have members who bypass the censor and the forum has anti swearing rules. In that case advertisers should also understand this is a thing that happens on the Internet and moderators can't be on top of things 24/7.

ANYWAY< on topic > I think a log file of user x has triggered censor filter y times in z posts, .. would certainly help with forum management. Plus, this could mean auto warnings (lowering moderator involvement), and with enough warnings they can get temp bans or their posts auto moderated. I only see benefits to be honest.

+1

It all sounds great doesn't it, trying to have better "filth filter" options, but they don't work. If anyone wants to get round them, they will. So, I don't really agree with this suggestion.

Top Bottom