Cattle is dropping dead here.

jonsidneyb

We are having an animal die off here. Wild animals are dying, Cattle are dying, and the crops are failing.

Ponds, are dried up, the creeks are empty, you can walk across some of the minor rivers without getting your feet wet. Some of the larger ponds have a bit of water but it has a toxic algae in it.

A friend of mine said he watched cattle collapse and has found dead bison on his property.

No rain and the heat is becoming a killer here, not because of it's intensity but because of how long it has lasted.

Sad news indeed, sorry to hear that is happening there. Do you live we're this bad heatwave is taking place at 110 degrees reported in the news?

Sad news indeed, sorry to hear that is happening there. Do you live we're this bad heatwave is taking place at 110 degrees reported in the news?

Much of it is a lack of rain as well as the heat. We have hit 112f (raw temerature, not heat index) twice this month but it is not the intensity of the heat, it is how long it has lasted. We have only had one day not reach 100F in a month.

The weather has been really tough on the animals. We have a farmer on our site and he has lost a couple of cattle this year to the heat and they even run sprinklers on them to keep them cool. Can only pray it gets better soon.

I feel sad for those animals you are right about those creeks /pond water level going low every day . We badly need some rain /hurricane around south texas side too .

I haven't looked at how other states are doing but I am sure we are not the only ones. The wells here are dry now. Some water was brought in by truck and the cattle that drank it dies in a fairly short amount of time from water intoxication.

I haven't looked at how other states are doing but I am sure we are not the only ones. The wells here are dry now. Some water was brought in by truck and the cattle that drank it dies in a fairly short amount of time from water intoxication.
Not sure if we were th is bad, but CA was really bad the last few years (We're supposedly out of the drought, but who know for how long).

Texas is no better. 100+ for the past 14 days and at least for the next 10 days if not more. There hasn't been drought like this for over 150 years. Makes 1999 and 2004 look tame in comparison.

And we know the worst is yet to come. Heat like this breaks with thunderstorms from hell. Lightning, hail and tornadoes. Big downpours. Since the ground is too dry to drink it in, we face flash floods. I've already lost two cars to those over the last few years.

Poor things :( so sad when animals are suffering like that.

I hope the heatwave breaks for you Jon, and everyone else who is currently suffering extreme temperatures.

Tell me about it. Lake Fork is down 5 feet. There are only a few usable boat ramps now.

I heard so about Lake fork but still lot of good reports are coming down from Lake fork and it holds those big old guns (LMB's) ,Crappies . I am in San Antonio we don't have much trophy Lakes /rivers (only few ) so mostly it's about creeks & ponds . Creeks are all gone but ponds are still holding up at low waters.

http://www.officiallakeforktrophybass.com/1.1.html

Latest report from Fork .

I'll give you an insider tip on Fork that is good right now, or at least it was this morning.

Come out of Williams Creek into the main lake. Take the lower boat channel, and veer off to the right when you are even with the pumping station, 20 yards before the power lines.

Look for the stump field with your graph. You should find fish on the bottom in around 28 feet of water, grouped tight not he stumps. A lot of them, as in a school of 50+.

The technique to catch these bad boys on is a split shot on light line (Texas light line AKA 12lb test). Use a four inch worm and hang on. The school averages 6 lbs, with some big 8s and 9s.

There is nothing better than catching monsters on spinning rods and light line.

Top Bottom