1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Category zero

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by WCFA, Feb 23, 2014.

1. WCFA

WCFA Active Member

I have one category I will call "A" with a forum added, I would like it to be at number two category of nodes.
    I have set the "A" category to zero and it wont set to first place. If I set "A" to 2, 3 or it drops to 8?
    Number 1 and 2 if set to zero will not allow "A" to move into spots. I have tried naming 2,3. to 11 12 and then put "A" as zero or one as it still will not set beyond place three or lower.
    I read through the help and it says just to put the number under display order and all changes are being done under the root.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The positions are all relative based on the display styling priority of all other nodes at the same level.

3. WCFA

WCFA Active Member

Not sure I am familiar with the term "display styling priority" . Is there directions somewhere to set this.
    Kinda odd forums move that way under a category, but you are saying a category does not move that way under root ?:confused:

4. Brogan

I used the wrong term, it's Display Order.

See the description text:
    upload_2014-2-23_19-47-48.png

5. WCFA

WCFA Active Member

Hmmm see I have settings
    Parent Node: Root
    • Display Order: 0
    1 and 2 say zero and do not change when I change the display order as listed about. 0 should be at top correct?
    I know I am not quite getting it because it is probably something simple I am missing, moving should be simple, in SMF it was drag and drop.
    So here I am sure its just as easy. But I must be missing a step here ?

6. Brogan

Why do you have two set to 0?

Set 1 to 10, the other to 20.
    The one set to 10 will display above the one set to 20.

7. WCFA

WCFA Active Member

Ok that worked by setting in increments of 10 I was able to rotate it out.

Thank you appreciate all the help :) have a great rest of the day !