XF 1.3 Category Overlay

Davlin

I am attempting to create a custom overlay for one category.

The idea is, it will be a category that only Staff and a special group titled "Subscribers" have access to (those who upgrade their account). If you're not in either of those groups, a darkened overlay with the words "Subscribers Only" will be displayed over that category. Unfortunately, I'm running into all sorts of issues with this. I initially had issues with permissions. All members on the site are Registered Members (primary group), while Staff and Subscribers are upgraded by way of secondary groups. I had to mark the nodes private, revoke permissions for Registered Members and then grant permissions to Staff and Subscribers. Pain in the arse, but it worked.

The problem I'm faced with now, is that I want the custom overlay to display only to unregistered and basic Registered Members. I'm using this bit of code I nabbed by Googl'ing XenForo tweaks. I have it inserted in forum_list.

PHP:
<xen:if is="{xen:helper ismemberof, $visitor, 2}">
    <div class="subsOnly">
        <h3 style="CODE HERE">SUBS ONLY</h3>
    </div>
</xen:if>

The 2 is the ID number for Registered Members. Problem? It displays for everyone now.

The second issue, is that if users open up Inspect Element, they can delete the overlay and then click on the individual boards and view the entire thread list.

I only want them to be able to see the most recent post underneath that overlay. Nothing more. Any suggestions for either of these issues?

Apologies for this jumbled mass of text. Thank you!

Last edited:
Top Bottom