XF 1.3 Category Description/Member card in thread

Morts

Hopefully finishing up soon. There are a couple things I cannot figure out how to edit:

1) In thread member card locations and threads to match the actual thread count and physical location.
Example in 1st thread Messages 155 Location DFW-TX I would like to match both in black

2) Category Descriptions under main category, I want them to match the main category color.
Highlighted in blue on screenshot to be black.

I have attached screenshots to show exact areas, if you could please let me know how these areas are named/labeled it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• image.webp
    image.webp
    61 KB · Views: 22
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    56.1 KB · Views: 21
  • Style Properties > Message Layout > User Info Block
  • Style Properties > Message Layout > Extra User Info
  • Style Properties > BB Code Elements > Quote Attribution Block
  • Style Properties > Breadcrumbs > Breadcrumb
  • Style Properties > Breadcrumbs > Item Content

I believe it is set correctly and is still not matching for the location and messages am I missing something. I applied the changes numerous times and I can't seem to get it to take.I set all values as black text and followed every step.

Attachments

• image.webp
    image.webp
    56 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
I believe it is set correctly and is still not matching for the location and messages am I missing something. I applied the changes numerous times and I can't seem to get it to take.I set all values as black text and followed every step.
Play around with (in your EXTRA.css)
Code:
.messageUserBlock .extraUserInfo dl a {
color: black !important
}
because the blue (I'm assuming that is what you are referring to) is a hyperlink and uses the a:visited a:link tags.

You may not need the !important in there, try it without it first. Be aware that this will color ALL hyperlinks in there. If you want separate colors for visited/unvisited then you will need to modify it so that there is an entry for each, replacing the a with a:link and a:visited.

Using the above code with seems to work for me.
Using color: red gives me this
Screen Shot 2014-04-24 at 12.36.52 AM.webp
and with color: green this
Screen Shot 2014-04-24 at 12.38.24 AM.webp
and color: purple this
Screen Shot 2014-04-24 at 12.39.00 AM.webp

Last edited:
Thank you for the reply Tracy but what I am trying to change is the actual labels. Yours look like the standard Xen color as well.

In your attachments they are labeled:

Messages, Feature Threads, Ratings

Last edited:
Thank you for the reply Tracy but what I am trying to change is the actual labels. Yours look like the standard Xen color as well.

In your attachments they are labeled:

Messages, Feature, Threads Ratings

Style Properties > Color Palette > @mutedTextColor

Give that a try.

On to the last question:

How do I change this color??

On the top of this section here in xenforo.

Styling and Customization Questions

If you are trying to customize the look and feel of your XenForo forum, post your styling and customization questions here. <<<<<<<<<<<< I need to change this line to black?

It looks like another form of muted text of some sort.

On to the last question:
If you are trying to customize the look and feel of your XenForo forum, post your styling and customization questions here. <<<<<<<<<<<< I need to change this line to black?

It looks like another form of muted text of some sort.
That is controlled (in EXTRA.css) by
Code:
#pageDescription {
color: rgb(12, 12, 12);
}
setting whatever color you need.
It should also be able to be found under Style Properties -> General -> Page Description

Thank you Tracy, much is appreciated and I apologize for the questions. I am totally new to this and the labeling/naming system is confusing. I am down to just a couple of small edits and I am done.

Thank you Tracy, much is appreciated and I apologize for the questions. I am totally new to this and the labeling/naming system is confusing. I am down to just a couple of small edits and I am done.
Chrome and the Inspect tools can be your friend. You can see just about all that you want to modify there and it will show you the appropriate CSS areas - not to mention you can modify it while looking at it.

I am done now and your help was greatly appreciated. I had those 2 small issues to finish and you solved them. Much is appreciated.;)
Ahhhh... you just "think" you are done now! :p
There's always something found to tweak. I thought I was done a couple of months ago and still find/tweak stuff.

The difference between me and you is, you actually know what you are doing ;)
How do you think I got that way? I only started using XenForo in Oct. 2012. I'm a hardware/OS geek and not really a styling guy but just looked at the code in developer and kept plugging away until I kinda understood it. There are others here that are MUCH better than me. I can tweak (and no, not twerk!) just fine usually.

I pretty much have no computer knowledge except basics. I edited everything on my small site with the Style Properties using 0 extra code or templates, except a few smilies. Its a basic no frills site :D

Top Bottom