Cannot reproduce Captcha doesnt load when resending registration email

combatgamez

Affected version
XF 2
I have noticed this before, but when you try and resend the registration email sometimes the captcha doesnt load, then you click the resend and get the below error.

But you dont know that captcha hasnt loaded - see screen shot.

Using firefox.

Oops! We ran into some problems.
You did not complete the CAPTCHA verification properly. Please try again.

Attachments

• Capturesa.webp
    Capturesa.webp
    23.6 KB · Views: 13
after a few goes it now loaded, very strange. However I have noticed this before a few times.

Attachments

• Capturesfgh.webp
    Capturesfgh.webp
    17.9 KB · Views: 12
The fact that the entire "Verification" row is missing suggests that this function returned false:
PHP:
// require a captcha if re-requesting confirmation within 60 minutes to prevent abuse
return (
   $this->confirmation->exists()
   && $this->confirmation->confirmation_date >= \XF::$time - 3600
);
For it to return false, either there was no confirmation record or the confirmation record exists and the date of the confirmation record was over an hour ago.

The only plausible cause for this that I can think of, is if you tried the resend overlay multiple times without refreshing the page. In that case, the overlay contents would be cached, and the captcha would never load. But when checked on the server side it would be expecting a captcha there, but because of the cached overlay, no captcha would be filled in.

I can't realistically think of any other scenario, do you think that sounds possible?

Top Bottom