Can't reach velocityio support - no reply to billing issue and support tickets

vij

I have been hosting my forum with velocityio for a year or so now... But lately they wont reply to any tickets. I am at a loss what to do. I have also been billed twice for renewal. Should I just place a paypal dispute I wonder.

@The Dark Wizard , what really is the problem. Are you online here? Kindly reply.

If you do not feel comfortable with a hosting provider, it's up to you to pack up your data, databases, and domains, and move it over as a precaution to another host so you can switch on a dime.

If you have a contract with a business that states they are responsible while you pay for upholding their part of the deal, being providing support and service, and they are lacking - that sounds like a reason to stop paying.

Perhaps that there are circumstances for the owner of the company - but to be honest, they are responsible and have a responsibility and should reach out to their customers.

Again, if you are not feeling right with where you are hosted, there are thousands of alternatives that do give you a better spot.

At the very least make a working offsite backup of your sites. Make sure You are the owner of the domain(s), and take preventive measures

Do it yourself. Once a server is setup and tweaked for actual use, there is just no real need to touch it. Even those who love their cPanel, buy the damn cPanel license from cPanel yourself (a little over $16 per month annual paid) which gives you direct access to cPanel staff for any issues cPanel causes. For cPanel users, that is everything other than the server itself stopping. That is your managed hosting support then, direct with cPanel at no additional cost. You're already paying cPanel licensing, then paying for your hosts support if managed. Wasted money.

cPanel will run fine on a $5 1 core, 1Gb ram SSD Linode. $10 version with 2Gb RAM if you want the full anti-spam / spam assassin and such nonsense running.

Last edited:
Reactions: fly
I have been hosting my forum with velocityio for a year or so now... But lately they wont reply to any tickets. I am at a loss what to do. I have also been billed twice for renewal. Should I just place a paypal dispute I wonder.

@The Dark Wizard , what really is the problem. Are you online here? Kindly reply.

Did you ever get this resolved?

Top Bottom