1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Can't log into Admin Control Panel

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Scribbler, May 20, 2014.

1. Scribbler

Scribbler Member

I can't log into my admin control panel. I'm absolutely certain I used the correct username and password. After attempting to login in, an orange M shows up under my name and won't let me through. What can I do to fix this?

Edit: I tried to retrieve my password from the lost password page because I saw that that fixed the problem for other people. However, this message appeared:

Last edited: May 20, 2014
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Have you recently upgraded to 1.3?

3. Scribbler

Scribbler Member

I did a clean install of Xenforo 1.3 less than a week ago. This is brand new forum.

4. Brogan

Can you open a ticket and provide ACP and phpMyAdmin log in details so I can take a look?

5. Scribbler

Scribbler Member

Ticket submitted! Thanks!

6. Scribbler

Scribbler Member

I'm going to have to re-upload and install xenforo. Should I create a new database, or will it recognize the old one?

7. Brogan

You can use the same database, just drop all of the tables.

One thing I did notice when looking at your installation was that the /data and /internal_data directories were not 0777.
    Make sure you chmod-r when you reinstall.

8. Scribbler

Scribbler Member

Dropping the database clears it completely, right?

I think that the file permissions were the problem. I didn't use filezilla to upload them, so the permissions were all messed up. I've gone ahead and deleted everything, and re-uploaded through filezilla with the correct permissions.

9. Brogan

Yes, but you will need to create a new database instance.