XF 2.2 cant find the importers

Phoron

Hello,

I am trying to do a benchtop import of my vbulletin 5.5.6 forum into xenforo 2. I have successfully installed XF onto XAMPP and opened XF's admin panel,went to tools>import data, but am there being directed to my customer page, where I dont see any importers whatsoever. At the bottom of the customer page https://xenforo.com/customers/#licenses is a link to "importers" which if I visit, I get another link to "download importers" which just sends me back to the customer page...

edit: I finally got it figured out, its in a dropdown box where the main software is downloaded.

I cant wait to get my forum off of this vbulletin 5 abortion. It's killed what was once an active forum.

edit2: didnt see the above poast till now; thanks for the quick reply!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand there's a CLI importer that's supposed to work with vb 5.5.6.

The browser importer is taking a really long time to grind thru a million and a half poasts, and according to this https://xenforo.com/community/threads/how-to-use-the-cli-importer.21720/ there should be a CLI importer, but it's not in my software package, and dont know where else to look. I am guessing it may have been discontinued.

I am doing this on a windoze desktop, using command line I navigated to the my forum root directory and attempted to run

Code:
cmd.php xf:import

but this just opens said file in notepad

Thanks for the help! I got it working using your command after reconfiguring path variables and now it's grinding away.

In the admin panel importer area, there was a page that stated essentially that 'this page must be refreshed once the CLI importer is done, to complete the import'. I have since lost this page as the browser closed, and cannot login as I get a message that the admin account (created during the install of XF) doesnt exist.

Am I going to need to restart the import from scratch?

I have tried this, but I get message that the password for the vb admin account is incorrect. However, I have tested the admin account and password on the forum it's migrating from and it's correct, so something was apparently altered during the import.

There was an email conflict involving this admin account as revealed in the import notes. The email for the vb admin was changed.

Last edited:
Top Bottom