1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Can't find rebuild search cache

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by Pieman, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Pieman

Pieman Member

Hi,

Just doing a test import of a 3.8 VB forum, everything seems to have gone fine, but I can't see where to rebuild the search caches, there is no option under the tools tab which is where the instructions say to find it.

Thanks

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Tools -> Rebuild Caches -> Rebuild Search Index

If that's not available, check you have permission on the administrator options page.

upload_2015-7-6_0-26-18.png

3. Pieman

Pieman Member

norebuild.jpg
    It's not there, I did purchase (a long while ago) the enhanced search option, but as this is just a test import onto a small test server I haven't implemented that, could that be causing a problem?

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Do you have the permission granted for your account, as per the screenshot I edited in?

5. Pieman

Pieman Member

Thanks that was the problem, my first user wasn't my admin account so I didn't have the correct permissions to access rebuild, editing the config.php to make my account a super admin and then editing the permissions sorted it.