XF 1.2 Can't figure out URL path problem

I installed XenForo in a subdirectory, entered it in the board URL in options, did my import from vBulletin 4.2.2, everything seemed to work, when I change the board URL in options to the home directory and move all the files there, none of the forum links work anymore. Tried installing the redirect scripts, but that made no difference. Uninstalled redirects, moved board back to sub directory, everything working again.

Anybody have any idea where I have gone wrong?

works fine in the sub-directory, but I was under the impression that changing the board URL and moving the files was all I had to do to get the forum moved over to the home directory from a sub-directory.

well I know that Safari is really finicky about caching but I tried opening links in firefox and chrome and reloading etc. but the links really seem to not be working. Will try again.

OK got it working without a restart - I have had problems similar to this in the past, don't know if it is my ISP that is caching or my server, it's really frustrating. Probably could have solved the problem by using a proxy server to check links.

Top Bottom