can't figure out how to change text color in nav tab container and it's making me crazy

petertdavis

LOL! I'm just trying my hand at customizing the default template and most of the things I want to change are relatively intuitive. I've got everything else changed in the Navigation Tabs Container, but can't figure out how to change the color of the text in the tab links. The Selected Tab text, and Selected Tab Sub Link all have their own section in the Style Properties, but for the life of me I can't find where to change the color of the links for unselected tabs. Can anyone help point me in the right direction please!

I'd like to know this too. The Nav Tabs Container has been one of my biggest frustrations. The text color and text hover is not right and I have yet to find where to set them. Any changes I make to the tabs container do not actually change the container. The height does adjust (located in Settings).

p.s. Your Mass Cops forum is interesting.

If your talking about the light blue nav bar text in the default style then go to:

Styles > Select Style > Templates > navigation.css

Code:
/* ---------------------------------------- */
    /* unselected tab, popup closed */

.navTabs .navTab.PopupClosed .navLink
    {
        color: @primaryLighter;
    }

.navTabs .navTab.PopupClosed:hover
        {
            background-color: @primaryMedium;
        }

.navTabs .navTab.PopupClosed .navLink:hover
            {
                color: @textCtrlBackground;
            }

Change "@primaryLighter" to whatever colour your looking for.

EDIT: THIS post should describe it better.

If your talking about the light blue nav bar text in the default style then go to:

Styles > Select Style > Templates > navigation.css

[Code as above.]

Change "@primaryLighter" to whatever colour your looking for.

EDIT: THIS post should describe it better.

Can this be done any other way than editing the template?
i.e. Adding something to the Navigation Tabs Container additional CSS box?
(Use this box to enter any additional CSS you would like to include.)

Thanks for the top Pereira, I figured out that I can actually go into the Color Palette and change the primarylighter there without needing to edit a css file. I'm not sure what else changes when I do it that way, but it did get the job done.

Top Bottom