• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Cannot use demo with sample styles?

So I went to the search for other styles. Great inventory. But I cannot apply them to the demo XenForo.

Seems counter-intuitive. I want to play with the demo with the styles (at least the capability to make the demo use the prescribed style). It's pointless to be prohibited from downloading a free style. You need XF to use it and it costs to get XF. What secret am I missing here.

Each style I tried to "download" was protected by a Paywall (Only XF customers?)

I dig the stuff, just want to see how easy it is to tweak it.

Which styles are truly free to download and apply to the Demo?

Steve F

Everything in the Resource area is for licensed customers only.

Only suggestion is to create a style on the demo and work from that or just edit the default style. Most of the styles have live demos so you can also check those out.

mistypants

In order to download from the resource manager here, you need to be a licensed member -- that includes styles. This only makes sense, otherwise those running nulled Xenforo installations could freely download off the resource manager.

Most third-party stylers who have their own sites, in my experience, require license validation before purchase.

Oh OK.

So, after the license expires, the XF deployment can still run normally? But, unable to acquire resources from XF's library/manager?

If so, then I guess it makes sense to put the resources in a walled garden after all.

Tracy Perry

So, after the license expires, the XF deployment can still run normally? But, unable to acquire resources from XF's library/manager?
No, as long as you have a valid license (not revoked) even if you do not have the $40 year extension you can still access the RM to download resources. The only thing you cannot do is get the latest versions of XenForo nor submit tickets for support.