XF 1.5 Cannot Upload a file

ogeode

Hello,

I will like to add a picture to my post. But each time I click on "upload a file" nothing happens.

Am I missing something here?

I have search for answers to this question, even changed the permission to allow under the user group but it still doesn't work.

Which version of XF are you running?

Does it work on this site using Chrome?

There have been some issues with the new uploader which were fixed in 1.5.13.

I am running the latest version of XF 1.5.12
The site works perfectly on Chrome. It's my preferred browser.
I cannot wait for the new version.

Another question: how do I insert an image to a post? This is where my problem started. I thought uploading a file will upload an image into the post. But it doesn't. The picture appears as a attachment at the bottom of the post.

When I try to use the image icon above, asks for the image URL. How do I attach a picture from my desktop?

This should be the easiest thing to do and I am pulling out my hair here.

Me too.
I can upload files using my works PC but nothing when i get home using my home PC.
Both PC's use chrome and I've reinstalled everything even deleting and reinstalling the domain sever using both PC's and still the same problem on my home PC.

Like the OP I noticed this when trying to add a picture to a post.

Problem is on the latest version of Xenforo (not V2)

Last edited:
For the record when I say I can't upload a file I mean the pop up box doesn't appear to select a file.
I've just tried it on this forum on my home PC and the pop up box appears.

If it works on IE and on other PCs using Chrome, then it's something specific to that PC/Chrome combination.

It could be browser add-ons, JS disabled/corrupt, the browser being identified as a touch device, or some other issue, but it's not something we can resolve within XF.

If it works on IE and on other PCs using Chrome, then it's something specific to that PC/Chrome combination.

It could be browser add-ons, JS disabled/corrupt, the browser being identified as a touch device, or some other issue, but it's not something we can resolve within XF.

Hey, Brogan. I am on XF 1.5.14 and I have two forums on the same server.
The old one which was migrated from another server is working flawlessly but the new one I'm setting up atm is having issues with upload file button. Nothing happens when I click on them.

Now, I'm logged in on both forums, both sharing same server, same browser. I tried a clean installation for the new one and it doesn't work. The flash uploader works but I want to give people ability to upload multiple files at once.

Any suggestions?

btw it works using firefox

1be446b30417.gif

Last edited:
For what it's worth, I ran into this issue as well on a new install of 1.5.14 and when I removed .zip from the allowed attachment file types it fixed the problem as well in Chrome.

Top Bottom