Cannot report members who limit access to their profile

lifo

Affected version
Within the forum, we can report individuals who display inappropriate behavior but have no messages within the topic just by clicking on their profiles. So far, everything is normal. However, when we click on the profiles of individuals who have restricted their profiles for privacy, we do not see a report button.

brave_yh1YfoYXCI.png

Hmm, yeah - this is kind of an edge-case but I"d think this is working as designed:

Reporting is always based on content, in this specific case the user profile.

If you are not allowed to view a content, you can't report it.
Which does make sense, because if you can't view the content (and thus know it), how could you meaningfully report it?

If you are not allowed to view a content, you can't report it.
Which does make sense, because if you can't view the content (and thus know it), how could you meaningfully report it?
Thing is, you might want to report general behaviour of that user and perhaps post a couple of links in the report. I think a private profile therefore should be reportable.

You might want to report general behaviour of that user and perhaps post a couple of links in the report.
Think about that from a different angle:
What you are really reporting are various other contents (like posts, profile posts, etc. - not the user profile).

But as I already said, i fully understand the desire to "report the user".

It makes sense to have a barebone profile for those who have prevented the viewing of their profile.

You might still be able to start conversations with them too, right?

Seems like the easiest fix is to add the report button to the mini profile. The report URL still works, users are just blocked from directly accessing it.

Seems like the easiest fix is to add the report button to the mini profile.
Great (though old) idea :)

Adding ?tooltip=1 to the profile URL shows a mini-profile anyway, it would be nice if it showed that on a restricted profile (that wasn't a banned member) rather than needing to remember and do URL editing.

Top Bottom