Cannot Rebuild Master Data - it stops, gives a 500 error and forum blank page

dojo

Just moved my forum from one domain to another one. Have migrated it well, worked nicely. Then I remembered my sitemap plugin was generating 10K files and the developer released an upgrade that helps with this. So I upgraded the plugin. Then, when the cache rebuilding started, it all went crazy.

The main forum page is WHITE. I have tried adding a line of code that would give ideas of what's wrong. It doesn't work.

Have then read here about the possibility to rebuild the master data. I can't do it. For the past hour I've run this for nothing. It 'hangs' on phrases then generates a 500 internal server error.

I have uploaded and re-uploaded all files few times already, checked them to see how they look. All seems fine to me. Don't know what can cause it and how to re-gain control of the forum.

Any help is much appreciated. I can send the cpanel/FTP details via PM to whom is willing to help.
Thank you in advance.

What cache method are you using. None or File Cache for example. If using File Cache, you can just delete all cache files created in your folder added to store them, then let forum create them again. Done that a few times and you never know.

It might help due to something stored in them like old domain name - maybe?

You won't be using File Cache then if you didn't add some custom code into your config.php file, then create a new folder used for storing File Cache files. That won't be your problem then, you won't be using file cache method.

Wouldn't like to say what's wrong? But getting a 500 error, that's a server error and could indicate a problem with chmod permission on something, but can't say that's the case for sure. You said you updated a sitemap plug-in, disable that and try rebuilding things without that active.

Aha ... will try get into chat with HostGator, I assume they're 'cutting' down some processes that take too long to run. Can't explain it otherwise. Thank you for the tips, keep them coming ;)

Nothing. I don't have any errors there, in the cpanel area or an error file

UPDATE: had the support at HostGator take a look. He ran the process and it works now. Said he ran it from his IP and worked like a charm ... well ...

Top Bottom