Cannot log in

TPerry

OK, have moved over to a VPS, imported the DB from the old host into my new site. Now I cannot log into the system - check the DB for xenForo and can see all the accounts there. Looks like the passwords did not carry across? Where can I look to see since they are not apparently in the xf_user.

What happens when you try to log in?

Have you tried clicking on Lost Password?

Yep - when I try to log in it tells me that my password is not recognized - and it won't send an email (may be due to postfix not being configured - but I just installed it for the default domain and it still doesn't work). Mail was set to use my google hosted account for another domain and it was working fine. Just dropped the database and importing it back in now to see if that solves it.

If you just moved hosts/servers, there's no reason why the passwords would no longer work, unless the backup or import was somehow corrupted.

Can you still log in on the old host or have you removed the site from it?

This action is available via POST only. Please press the back button and try again.

but it DID allow me to log on locally. Still can't get into the admin panel. It won't even allow me to change my password, telling me it is incorrect.

I created the database by using mysql from the command line, so I would assume it would work. I can create it via phpmyadmin, but not sure whether to use collation or utf_unicode_ci.

If you just moved hosts/servers, there's no reason why the passwords would no longer work, unless the backup or import was somehow corrupted.

Can you still log in on the old host or have you removed the site from it?
Old site is gone.. HostGator lost no time in cancelling the account - even though I told 'em it was to go through the end of the month. Since it was a shared host, I had to export via phpmyadmin - but I have several of them here. Will try another one.

I don't think I've encountered this particular problem before.

So you created the database and imported the backup from the old server?
Then copied all of the files from the old server to the new server?

And now none of the passwords work?
For all accounts or just your account?
And a password reset also doesn't work?

Can you send me some details/login via conversation so I can take a look?

I am getting the same thing.

I changed servers and now I cant even login. I get:
This action is available via POST only. Please press the back button and try again.

What was the problem, and what was the fix?

I am getting the same thing.

I changed servers and now I cant even login. I get:

What was the problem, and what was the fix?
Luckily I had another account set up as administrator. I logged in under that account (after setting it as SuperAdmin in config.php)and set Brogan up an account and set him as SuperAdministrator, then Brogan reset my password to a simple one. Then I was able to log in and reset it to another one. That's one reason I have two accounts now set up on the system permanent. He indicated it was a possible session problem.

Can you log into your http://yourdomain.com/admin.php and gain access to the ACP?

Top Bottom