XF 2.2 Cannot find theme files downloaded from the archive

Osman

Hi
I'm not sure if this is a mistake. However, I want to explain the problem as follows.

I uploaded all the files of the design I prepared as they should be and got them out as archives. Then I reloaded the theme from the archive but I found that the files are not in the relevant directory. Unfortunately, there is a situation like this: There are files in the theme archive that I have taken out as an archive before.

You can see the pictures showing this situation below. How should I go about this? Thanks for your help.

The zip file that I extracted as an archive

1595632622130.png

Localhost styles folder

1595632737385.png

Attachments

• 1595632063892.webp
    1595632063892.webp
    5.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
When a customer installs your style from an archive, we copy the files from the upload directory into the style's own directory, e.g. data/styles/<style_id>/styles/xenmake/*.*

There are various technical reasons for this but for the most part it shouldn't impact you as a style designer. But, for this reason, we don't recommend that style designers use the import archive approach in the Admin CP as a way to move styles around.

We recommend using "Designer mode" (first introduced in XF 2.0) for designers to import / export styles and there are some CLI commands which will bypass this behaviour of copying files to different paths.

Top Bottom