XF 2.1 Can you moderate replies in a thread?

CivilWarTalk

If you have a node/forum that is normally open for posting, is it possible to add a Prefix or moderator tool that will set a newly created thread to moderated so that users cannot see the replies made by other users? Then later a mod could approve the replies?

A prefix would be ideal if that was possible.

I think this would be useful to have so I added the suggestion here:
Vote for it if you want it.

If there is anyone interested in this add-on, please check the following functions:

Install like usual.
Userpermission: can set/unset a thread to moderated
Threadoptions have a new link to set/unset the thread to moderated
If set moderated => all replies/edits from users who have no permission to moderate posts will be moderated
The post is also send to the moderation queue.

More functions needed? Let me know, please.

On my list i have

if less threads => list of moderated threads
if many threads => list with all moderated threads, lists per forum, sortable by ?

Then i have found an add-on to moderate posts by "words" in the text.

And what we do, if there is a user, we love so much, that we want to see every post before it is published?
Is there anything for that? Probably a new group i guess.

I guess also, that there is no function to moderate posts from "John Doe" just in one thread (or one forum);
If these are only less people, i can just save their user_ids in the add-on like it is. Probably nobody will need here more than a handfull of user_ids, i guess? (If so, i would save them somewhere else) - or we could save also the thread-ids in the user_table.

Last edited:
One function more: To moderate a post, i need four clicks;
Now the question is how often i have to moderate threads. But an option to show a fast link for one-click-moderation would be nice, i think. I will add it now.

Perhaps what you were looking for (paid addon):
That's what I'm talking about!

Top Bottom