XF 2.1 Can you merge a Xenforo database?

Jimmy19

Hi everyone,

I have a host that I want to switch to and they told me that I can only have 1 database. This is a wordpress website that also has a xenforo forum on it, so I have 2 separate databases. Can you merge both databases together?

Perhaps you are talking about managed WP hosting, in which case they would allow one database (WP site)?

This would not be suitable.
Yeah, I have a host that is managed wp hosting. I was kinda shocked too when they told me I could only have 1 database. No big deal, lots of other hosts out there for just this site I can move it to.

WordPress runs from a table prefix so you could in theory, but please don't. Just move host as others have suggested. A compromise on your WordPress site would put your forum at risk and vice versa. Ideally they would be on entirely different sandboxed file systems. I love WordPress but with its plugin ecosystem it is easy to slip-up and find yourself vulnerable to exploits.

Here's WP hosting, they allow one website (domain) but unlimited databases. So they exist.
The next plan up allows unlimited websites.
I wouldn't recommend hosting with any EIG owned host, which is what Hostgator are.

Further reading:
https://www.michaelcarusi.com/dump-eig/

If you're in the UK, www.krystal.uk are great and independent.

Top Bottom