1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Can you (easily enough) get 'online users' 'staff online' and 'forum information' to show anywhere?

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Phases, Nov 28, 2013.

1. Phases

Phases Active Member

I have set up a global sidebar. Is there a way to easily enough allow all of these blocks to show anywhere there is a sidebar? I've looked and looked but not having a lot of luck.

Thanks for any insight..
  2. Russ

Russ Well-Known Member

I would suggest possibly the widget framework to handle your sidebar? It'll let you place those blocks anywhere.
    Phases likes this.
  3. Phases

Phases Active Member

I would prefer non add-on because I'm actually, once getting it there, going to do something more with those blocks of code but, I will look into that - it might work anyway.
  4. xf_phantom

xf_phantom Well-Known Member

You can't do this without an addon!
    Phases likes this.
  5. Phases

Phases Active Member

You make me sad. I don't like the word "can't". :p Ok, I will try the add on mentioned.

Thanks guys!
  6. japersonal

japersonal Member

Hi @Phases! Would you mind to share your setup for the global sidebar? I'm looking for a sidebar, hopefully CSS-based, to add some HTML boxes.
    Thanks! :)
  7. Phases

Phases Active Member

Actually, the plugin they mentioned was way better than what I had set up, check it out! You can pick what pages you want to add whatever to, including html boxes.. Global side bar, mostly global, etc.
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  8. japersonal

japersonal Member

Alright, thanks for your reply. :)
    Phases likes this.