Can XenForo be styled to fit and run within another page?

I've been active on a couple of XenForo forums for over a year now and I think it's really awesome as forum software. Despite only wanting about 3 forum categories for my site, I'd rather go for you guys then anyone else, but I have a styling-related question: Is XenForo capable of being run within another page (and not being separated from the main site)?

For example, I'm after something like this:
YKaPI.png

Thanks in advance!

I think all you would need to do is edit xenforo's header and footer and include the common elements from your 'site' :D
Thanks for the fast reply!
Is that a relatively easy process? I owned a different forum software license (no point in advertising!) a few years back and I remember adding custom things in being very tricky, I guess this is my main concern. I don't really want to have to completely remake the sites existing design in order to have it work on the forum.

Well, you will have to style your forum to match your existing site anyway surely?
You will need to edit your styles to change CSS so it accurately matches your sites design... you will NEED to do this.
If you are doing this anyway then a few simple edits in the header is not big thing :)

If you get stuck, then I can strongly recommend SchmitzIT and Lykke (both members here), a husband wife team who can very easily integrate xenForo into your existing site for a low cost :D

Thanks for the fast reply!
Is that a relatively easy process? I owned a different forum software license (no point in advertising!) a few years back and I remember adding custom things in being very tricky, I guess this is my main concern. I don't really want to have to completely remake the sites existing design in order to have it work on the forum.
It would be relatively easy, in some cases it is just a matter of copy pasting the html in and then copy paste the CSS in, then debug the conflicts. What it mostly depends on is how the html looks, and how well defined the different sections are.

I helped a guy move over his header from wordpress to phpBB forum, and I think it took about 2 or 3 hrs total (with "forum delay") to have it moved over. I wouldn't think the same move would take any longer on Xenforo.

Top Bottom