Can we embed XenForo into our website?

gail

Good Morning,

We're thinking of getting XenForo for our forum. Can we embed our forum into a page of our website that is not our home page?

Thank you

Good Morning,

We're thinking of getting XenForo for our forum. Can we embed our forum into a page of our website that is not our home page?

Thank you
Yes, it can be embedded directly.. but you will need to make some specific allowances in the config.php for that. It's not really recommended to embed it.
As Mouth stated - it's better to locate it in a sub-directory and then just have a link to it as a menu option on your site.

You can locate XenForo within any subdirectory. www.yoursite.com/forums/ is a common location.

Yes, it can be embedded directly.. but you will need to make some specific allowances in the config.php for that. It's not really recommended to embed it.
As Mouth stated - it's better to locate it in a sub-directory and then just have a link to it as a menu option on your site.

Thanks for your quick replies!

We're working with a developer for our website. Could you please let me know why it's not recommended to embed it directly? I'd like to relay the info to him. You could give a technical reply if it's needed. Thank you.

Could you please let me know why it's not recommended to embed it directly?
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/embed-into-wordpress-page.95482/#post-916668
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/is-iframing-possible.115848/#post-1065044
https://xenforo.com/community/threads/iframe.113234/#post-1044113

It's nothing earth shattering.. you basically (from what I understand) lose the responsive ability of the forum. Disabling clickjacking could cause some other issues also for security.

I'm not sure you're both talking about the same thing when you say "embed".

XenForo can be made to look like your website and integrate seamlessly. I think that's more what you're interested in.

Last edited:
I'm it sure you're both talking about the same thing when you say "embed".

XenForo can be made to look like your website and integrate seamlessly. I think that's more what you're interested in.

Yes, we'd like it to look like the forum is part of the page. So when visitors go to the page, the forum will be right out front on it. Not just a link to it.

Also, if the forum is embedded into the page, the header, footer and margins can have our website's design rather than a XenForo theme?

And just to be sure, we wouldn't lose the responsiveness of the forum? And we wouldn't have to disable clickjacking and cause some other issues for security as Tracy Perry mentioned?

Last edited:
Just wondering - when you say integrate, do you mean we'd have the forum in a subdirectory like Mouth suggested?

Not necessarily. The forum can run in the same root as your website if you want it to (with a little configuration).

You can set it up how you want. Having it in a subdir is often tidier but there might be reasons why you don't want to do that.

Top Bottom