1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can theme demos count as a test install?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by karoshio, Dec 22, 2011.

1. karoshio

karoshio Active Member

Hi,

Me and a friend are setting up a new XenForo theme website and we're obviously planning on an xenforo powered support forum but we were wondering if we also have a second install just for theme demos without another license.

The board would be viewable obviously but with registrations closed, etc.

Steve10 and ShadyX like this.
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I've made Ashley aware of this thread and hopefully he'll respond soon with the official stance.

3. karoshio

karoshio Active Member

Thank you I appreciate it.

4. Ashley

Ashley Business Guy Staff Member

Strictly,the license agreement allows a single installation and a testing area that is not publicly accessible, which means that another license would be necessary to demo the themes.

I can't think of another way to demo the themes (which doesn't mean there isn't a way) and the plan you outlined will require an additional license.

5. karoshio

karoshio Active Member

Hmm. Understandable.

When you sat not publicly accessible what are the restrictions of that? Just for future reference.

6. Brogan

Protected using a password via .htaccess would cover it.

7. karoshio

karoshio Active Member

Ah, alright. Thanks for that.

Is it restricted to one user or can a few people of a staff team have access for testing?

8. Brogan

Your staff can use it, as it explains in the license terms.

9. Anthony Parsons

Anthony Parsons Well-Known Member

Just in case you're thinking about making the username and password public or available to members, that would make it publicly accessible... reading between the lines of some of the above questions.

10. karoshio

karoshio Active Member

No I was not planning on doing that. I was just trying to get all the information just for the sake of knowing it and so if needed the main forum can demo and the 3 staff can work on a private forum or something.