1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Can someone walk me through redirection?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Carlos, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

So, I recently moved EverythingHalo from vB3.6.8 to xenForo. I then closed the vB forum to get spiders crawling the new location, and the new xenForo site.

Basically, I want to redirect bots from everythinghalo.com/forum/ to simply www.everythinghalo.com And that includes all threads, and posts. I still have a backed up vB3.6.8 database of URL's already in the xenForo core.

I'd use Mike's redirection script here, but I am still confused on how to do this since this is one of those cases of "two steps forward, one step backwards."

EDIT: FYI, I want the best redirection method there is. Since the vB license installed in "forum" isn't mine.
  2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Hey, Jake, ever use cpanel before? Can you please PC me so that we can do this privately?
  4. Jake Bunce

Yeah I know CPanel. Send me your CPanel login and some examples of old vB URLs and I can setup your redirects for you.
    Shelley likes this.
  5. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

I don't want you to set them up, I have a question about where to find the exact pathfiles, and whatnot.

I'm thinking of security, when I'm asking for PC.
  6. Jake Bunce

Sure. Ask away.
  7. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

When working with redirects, how do I find "$fileDir = 'C:/inetpub/wwwroot/xenforo';" in CPanel instances? What am I supposed to look for?

I know how to look for directories, but how do I find out the cpanel's beginning directory so that I can fill that desired detail above?

And, how can I find the [archived] import data as per "define('IMPORT_LOG_TABLE', 'my_import_log');"?
  8. Jake Bunce

Visit admin.php?tools/phpinfo and search the page for "DOCUMENT_ROOT". That will reveal the full server path. But on CPanel servers the path is always /home/username/public_html/.

If you archived the import log then the default table name is archived_import_log. You can examine your table names in phpmyadmin (in CPanel) to confirm the name of the table.
    smimosmile likes this.
  9. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

[Old content removed by Carlos]

EDIT: Just uncommented those, and it's live. Now to see if it works.

Nope. It doesn't. JAKE!

EDIT 2: Tinkered around a bit here and there....IT WORKS!
    Jake Bunce likes this.