Can someone help with server optimisation?

Dynamic

Hi everyone,

I have a dedicated server and it recently had a hard drive failure. Since the new drive was installed the site is running extremely slow (it use to be very fast). Can someone please let me know what settings need to be changed in order to give my Xenforo installation the best possible set up?

Thanks.

Are you using a RAID setup of some kind? If so, the RAID array is likely rebuilding. Everything is going to be extremely slow i/o-wise until that rebuild is complete, and the data is copied from the existing drive(s) to the new drive in the array.

With requests like this it always helps if you provide a link to the site - so others can judge if it's slow for them - and give a bit more detailed information about the server: Operating System, CPU, RAM, RAID/not RAID, web server software, SQL server software, other sites running on it, etc. (y)

Hi everyone,

I have a dedicated server and it recently had a hard drive failure. Since the new drive was installed the site is running extremely slow (it use to be very fast). Can someone please let me know what settings need to be changed in order to give my Xenforo installation the best possible set up?

Thanks.

Code:
cat /proc/mdstat

Will let you know if a software rebuild is taking place.

I am guessing you checked as soon as the new drive was plugged in. It takes time for the new drive to sync all the data. If that was not the case then it could be n number of reasons and it would help to know the website to give any suggestions.

It's not normal for a software md raid to impact on performance noticably, unless the server is misconfigured and the minimum rebuild speed is set insanely high

Top Bottom