Can security patch (edit only) be done on installations with expired licenses

Mr Lucky

My xenforo sites except one are all up to date. But there is one site running 2.1.5 is not yet udated as I'm waiting for the treasurer (small residents assoc) to pay for the licence renewal.

So I udate straight away the sites with current licences, but I saw there is a security patch that can just involve an edit.

Is it still against the T & C for me to edit this into the releveant template on the site with temporarily expired licence (but obviously without the full 2.1.7 update)

Thanks

It's fine to apply the patch to any affected version, regardless of license status. That's generally why we try to include patches in the announcement -- whenever possible, we'd rather give people the ability to keep themselves secure, even if their license is expired.

I tried this on an expired license and the approval page stopped working. The 217patch.html file is less than 10 lines of code where the template that this is supposed to be copied and pasted to (replacing all code) is 110 lines of code.

I just downloaded the patch file and it appears to be 110 lines line here. Make sure you're opening it in a text editor.

I just downloaded the patch file and it appears to be 110 lines line here. Make sure you're opening it in a text editor.
Yeah, that was odd. I downloaded it twice and only got the 10 lines. If I simply open it in a text editor straight from the link - all the 110 lines were there. All's well that ends well. Thank you!

Last edited:
Top Bottom