Can pages be accessible by certain usergroups?

karoshio

We would really like to run this through XenForo if possible and i was wondering if there's anyway to have pages restricted to user groups allowed us to use user upgrades for theme purchases with download available on a page?

If there's another way within XenForo this sounds possible that would also be great.

You can set custom permissions for page and forum nodes to restrict that content by group:

Admin CP -> Applications -> Display Node Tree -> Permissions

Oh of course I didn't even think of that, how dumb of me, thank you. ::).

Another would be is it possible to have file attachments within pages that can only be downloaded by the user group that can access the page?

Another would be is it possible to have file attachments within pages that can only be downloaded by the user group that can access the page?

Not directly. Page nodes can't contain attachments, but forum nodes can. You can create a forum node underneath your page node and post the attachment in there. Then you can link to the attachment in the page node if you want. With the forum as a child of the page node it will inherit any custom permissions you set for the page node.

That's a very interesting idea. I will look into that a bit more and definitely consider that.

I appreciate that info.

Just flattened out that idea and how I am thinking that is actually perfect. *Throws free themes at you.*

Top Bottom