XF 2.2 Can I use subdomain as a new category? what about license?

NandorHUN

Hi Guys!

I read a lot of different opinions about subdomains and licenses. What I want to do is put one of my categories to a subdomain to have a nicer look. Basically everything else would be the same: same database and users (using Mulisite System add-on - if it works , havent bought it yet).
Same theme, and same topics, only that the subdomain would have an extra world before my main domain, but exacly about the same topics. I would even leave the category on my main domain just link it to the subdomain.
So same home page, urls, links, etc..

Xenfor say this about license:
"
6. Can multiple domains or subdomains be used with a single license?
Yes, as long as the domains or subdomains all resolve to the same installation, all of the content is available at every domain or subdomain, and there is no attempt to make them appear as separate installations."

Well... in my case I dont know how can you even manage this with the same installation? Copy-pase with FTP? Or does an installation and importhing everything count as one installation? Becasue that's what I would do....
Other than that if something like what've written is managable without installation I would be happy to do that way.
The content would be the same, users and everything else would be the same.... So?

Thanks for the help.

Top Bottom