Can I upload my own videos in forum posts? (not embed)

makthrow

I'm trying out the demo and I see no option to upload my own videos. All it allows me to do is upload images or embed videos.

What I need to do is have video courses inside xenforo.. videos like avi or mp4, whatever formats are created by screenflow.

It might be nice to embed audio too, like podcast mp3s...

How can I accomplish this?

edit: ok for video, it seems like I should host on vimeo and then embed. I guess this means I should NOT use wistia as hosting solution? or is there someway to make that work too?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-09-30 at 11.20.37 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2017-09-30 at 11.20.37 PM.webp
    12.1 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
I am in the demo and I see no area to actually add videos.

I don't need users to add videos. I need to add videos to posts so I can have a video course in my forum

As for your link, I don't know if that is relevant to my needs. I don't see that page in my demo forum so how do I know I will have access to that feature? Is it an extra addon?

edit: ok I see Media Gallery is a paid add-on.
edit2: also I see it is possible to embed wistia videos. this is good news.

Last edited:
Thanks, is there a way to see how well Wistia and Vimeo-embedded videos play in a Xenforo forum?

Probably going to go that route so that I'm not hosting thousands of GB of videos on my own server

Thanks, is there a way to see how well Wistia and Vimeo-embedded videos play in a Xenforo forum?

Probably going to go that route so that I'm not hosting thousands of GB of videos on my own server
If they're not available to test here, you'll have to make custom media BB codes for them on your own site (demo too). The quality should be the same as the site that hosts them. Height and width of the embed video player can affect the quality you see too but that should be controlled by you.

Sorry, I think I read your message wrong. If it is a forum post of a video, I see no option for a upload for that, but found out another method. If you upload a video to the gallery, then you can use the gallery bbcode to post the video into your forum posts. See attached screenshots.

gallerycode.webppost.webp

Top Bottom