XF 2.0 Can I somehow use the REST API to reset users passwords?

Fattycakez1

I'm using the REST API for a third party script

to authenticate for the username & password

and to register as well through "create user"

Can i get their email then trigger password reset through the API?

So once a user has been authenticated via the API you want to trigger the reset password process in XenForo.

Not possible to my knowledge. Resetting the password over the API is easy and secure, why not just POST/users endpoint to get the new password from your own field?

So once a user has been authenticated via the API you want to trigger the reset password process in XenForo.

Not possible to my knowledge. Resetting the password over the API is easy and secure, why not just POST/users endpoint to get the new password from your own field?

Idk how to explain it i'm confusing you guys

Simply i want to make a forget password link and once u click it u get an input field just like xenforo's built in and once u put your email in it and click submit or what ever then u get an email from xenforo just like the built in system

I want to do it externally to trigger the email via my own field

I don’t think triggering that email is possible with the API.

In my app I created the ability to start a new conversation from the API user when the password is changed, which sends a new “X has started a new conversation” email. That’s the closest I can think of for your question.

Top Bottom