XF 2.2 Can I show actual post date in the first post with custom thread field even after bumping?

securedme

Post date: Nov 13, 2023

Since I let users to bump their posts, so the post date (thread date, as there is no replies allowed) will change . I would like to stamp the actual post date in the message just like above with the use maybe with custom thread field or just any methods.

The date is generated automatically without user's input.

But how can I do it?

Would this work for you:

Would this work for you:

No.

My case is about a forum having all threads set as no replies. That means there's only one post for each thread.

Posters are allowed to bump their own posts. But the bumping makes the post date changed to current time. I would like the post contains the original post date in the message body.

OK then maybe you either need to edit so only the OP can use that addon or else allow only the OP to reply in the thread with something like this:

OK then maybe you either need to edit so only the OP can use that addon
I just tested and it works.

You would give the appropriate usergroup permissions to view change date, and then allow only the OP to use it on their own post while they are able to edit it .

I did this by editing the change date template modification with this:

Code:
<xf:if is="$post.canEdit() && $post.isFirstPost()">
    <xf:if is="{{ $xf.visitor.hasPermission('changeDate', 'view') }}">
    <a href="{{ link('posts/changedate', $post) }}" class="actionBar-action actionBar-action--ip actionBar-action--menuItem" data-xf-click="overlay">{{ phrase('changedate_change_date') }}</a>
    </xf:if>
</xf:if>
$0

This may not be the best way but it does seem to work. Also I presume updates to the addon would override.

Top Bottom