Can I please see link-exchange samples?

Divinum Fiat

I keep getting requests to do link exchanges with people and I posted about this earlier but put it under the rug. :( I can't avoid it any longer.

But I have no clue what this is supposed to look like. Can some of you please show me what the final link-exchange looks like? I don't want them in the side bar and would be happy to create a separate page, but I'm just not sure how to set it up and what the final product will look like.

Also, I understand that XF is a no-follow software. But link exchangers are asking me if if when we do a link exchange, if their link still remains a no-follow link. If I place their link on my site in form of a page, is it still a no-follow?

Thanks!

oh, perfect. I want those to be follow, that would be the whole point to do a link-exchange. I just don't know how to lay it out. Does anyone have a page I can look at it with what it's supposed to look like? I can't seem to find any sites on here (unless these things are supposed to be hidden). ;)

XenForo does come with link exchange functionality through the form of ad-templates, where you can just put in your HTML5 code. A link is a link, no matter how you want it. What's so wrong about taking the 15 seconds to type out the <a href.. in a template.

I don't know yet how to link a template to a page but I do know how to write the code directly in the page (it just gets tedious probably after it gets long). I was planning to do is create a page with the links using <a href.... directly into a new page node.

What I don't know is what the final link page is supposed to look like, so I wanted to see some samples of how others do it. I don't know if I should ask them for a site description too, etc. etc. and I wouldn't have the foggiest idea how to get a logo in a template.

I was just hoping to see how others are handling link exchanges. :-) Thanks guys!

Hi Peter, that looks like a nice mod, thank you for sending it. It looks though that links can't be placed on a back page but will appear on the front somewhere. I have dozens and dozens of link requests and there is no way I can have them appear on the front. :( I am trying to think long terms when there will be hundreds of links, it'll turn into a huge scrolling list.

what have I gotten myself into... o_O

I have the business directory but that is for people wanting to get an actual business listing, not just a link exchange.

I was just hoping some of you are doing link exchanges and I could see what it looks like on your sites. :-)

I know this is not responsive to the original question (sorry, my skills in this are are...well, what skills?). I just thought I would mention, I have never seen any value in link exchanges. I subscribe to the "content is king" view that if your community has relevant, updated, and interesting posts, the traffic will follow (of course, there are "black hat" solutions to get traffic to useless content; I am not talking about that).

I agree, though, that if the solutions offered already don't meet your needs, you could probably find someone to code this for you pretty easily. Good luck!

Top Bottom