Can I get a better price than this, for my budget?

Carlos

So, currently, I'm invoiced to pay $77 per month (Started October 1st) for these specs...

CPU - 1.13 GHZ
RAM - 768 MB
Disk Space - 30 GB
Bandwidth - 500 GB

With these "bonuses."

UNLIMITED Domains
UNLIMITED Sub Domains
UNLIMITED Email Accounts
UNLIMITED MySQL Databases
WEEKLY Automated Backups
UNLIMITED FTP Accounts
PRIVATE Name Servers
24/7/365 Tech Support

I'm just "looking" for better plans, feeling things out..

My network eats up 1,981.78 (1.9GB) in physical disk. But every month, this is how much we receive: 18,577.68 (About 18.5GB)

I think that the Disk Space and Bandwidth is more than enough to withstand everything CODForums has coming to it, the problem lies in the CPU - I investigated parts of the server to see what's slowing it down. I discovered that the server's CPU has used up at least 70% of the computing power - so I'm guessing that I'm not getting my money's worth.

Not to be outdone, just as I was invoiced - the server is still running, but I also discovered some weird problems... On one hand, the server's fine - it's showing my websites, and the server stats are showing that it's been getting traffic, but the problem I'm seeing just moments ago, is that my analytics stats shows ZERO visitors for a few days until today.

I know the site has been getting hammered hard. Now I won't know how many visitors came onto CODForums during the aliens (CODGhosts' Extinction) leaks and reveal.

Last edited:
  • Intel Dual Xeon (8+ CPUs)
  • 1536MB Guaranteed SLM RAM
  • 100GB RAID-10 Disk Space
  • 4000GB Premium Bandwidth
  • 2 Dedicated IPs
  • cPanel / WHM (VPS Optimized)
  • CentOS Linux 6 x64
For $49

or

For $69

• Intel Dual Xeon (8+ CPUs)
  • 2048MB Guaranteed SLM RAM
  • 120GB RAID-10 Disk Space
  • 6000GB Premium Bandwidth
  • 2 Dedicated IPs
  • cPanel / WHM (VPS Optimized)
  • CentOS Linux 6 x64
https://www.wiredtree.com/managedvps/managedvps.php

We use them and absolutely love it, been through a good amount of VPS host in the last 6 months and I think we found our home with Wired Tree.

Really haven't ever heard anything bad at all. They moved us over to their service in a couple hours without issue and we haven't needed to use support yet. The ability to use APC (cache) among other things you simply don't get with shared hosting is a big bonus.
Funny, we're on managed VPS. :D

I'll do a little bit more research on WebHostingTalk.

I just moved from www.zenex5ive.com to WiredTree.

So far I have sent in three support tickets when I was migrating to their hosting. They did everything. All of the server config to how I wanted it, the migration, etc. Ticket support response was between 0 - 15 minutes, the record being 2 minutes. Since then I have not sent in another support ticket. I have had 100% uptime and the server is running just fine.

Certainly better than none at all.

I take weekly backups myself on Fridays, though I do forget sometimes.
Mine to one of my servers are daily and it keeps 2 weeks worth (I keep 1 week worth on the servers that host the forums also). Then I have another server that keeps the last 4 weeks worth of backups from the server that keeps two weeks worth and I keep 6 weeks worth on my server here at the house (only 3 days on my desktop).
Now I have to figure out how to back up remotely the VPS containers on my new server I configured with Proxmox.

Top Bottom