Can I change the way topics are displayed in xenforo In the form of topic heading

Status
Not open for further replies.

AhmedBakr

Hello

I have a very important question.

My question relates to the xenforo

I want to change the way topics are displayed

Instead of displaying it normally I want to display it as a topic headers
Can I do that
thank you

Last edited:
If you require support, associate your forum user name with your license and post in the customer support forums.
I haven't bought the scripts yet.
Because of problems of accessibility
And I want to make sure that I can solve problems before I buy.
So you don't waste my money without being able to use the scripts as I like.
Is there a way to get my statement without buying the scripts?
thank you

Instead of asking "how do I?", in a pre-sales area where support is not provided, you typically would ask "Can I?"
That way you get either a yes or no answer that you can then ask "Is it difficult or would it require a coder/developer" if you want additional clarification.... which then can be answered succinctly.

I cannot answer that myself as I'm still running the 1.5.x line.

Instead of asking "how do I?", in a pre-sales area where support is not provided, you typically would ask "Can I?"
That way you get either a yes or no answer that you can then ask "Is it difficult or would it require a coder/developer" if you want additional clarification.... which then can be answered succinctly.

I cannot answer that myself as I'm still running the 1.5.x line.
Hello friend
I apologize to you for the accidental way of the wrong subject.
Subject title and content also modified
And thank you for the warning

I don't understand. Can you explain?
Hello friend
I'll try to explain.
I want to change the way topics are displayed within the forum.
So that the topics are displayed in Haeding
Example: All threads within the forum are at the second level of the themes presentation
The title of the Forum is in<h1>
The special sections of the Forum are at the second level <h2>
The forums are at the third level <h3>
I want the topics in the forum to be at the fourth level. <h4>
As in the first release xf1
Can I do that?

Out of curiosity, what XF1 release are you referring to? Maybe pre-1.2? Just asking because I can't recall a time when the threads or nodes were presented in any way that's much different from the way they're presented now in XF2. But maybe it's just my bad memory. Have you tried playing with the 2.0 demo to see if maybe some of the things you're looking to do are available as options in the admin? If you're wanting, for example, to display subnode names beneath parent nodes, that's a node option in the admin. Otherwise, I'm afraid you'll have to work a little more at clarifying what exactly you're wanting. Probably zero people will know what you're referring to by such things as wanting "special sections" of your forum at the second level.

Out of curiosity, what XF1 release are you referring to? Maybe pre-1.2? Just asking because I can't recall a time when the threads or nodes were presented in any way that's much different from the way they're presented now in XF2. But maybe it's just my bad memory. Have you tried playing with the 2.0 demo to see if maybe some of the things you're looking to do are available as options in the admin? If you're wanting, for example, to display subnode names beneath parent nodes, that's a node option in the admin. Otherwise, I'm afraid you'll have to work a little more at clarifying what exactly you're wanting. Probably zero people will know what you're referring to by such things as wanting "special sections" of your forum at the second level.

Hello friend
Displays the topics in the form that I want the first version
Example: Version xenforo1.5.15, 1.5.16, 1.5.17, .1.5.18 or 1.5.19
All of these versions display topics within forums at the third level<h3>
But in the second version Xf2 within the third level forums<h3>Unused

Hello again
I installed the version XenForo 2.0.0 Beta
Same problem
Topics do not appear as topic headers
It looks like the view has been changed from the beginning of the version xf2
is only available in the first version
I'm very sorry for the mistakes in the language.
And thank you for the Help
I am waiting

Ok, now I've understood him.

In XF1 the thread titles in thread list are wrapped in h3-html(class) tags.
In XF2 the thread titles are no longer wrapped in any html heading tags.
He wants that the thread titles in thread list for XF2 are wrapped in h4-html(class) tags.

@AhmedBakr

Why do you want to do that? Do you want to change the size of the titles? Or for better SEO? Why?

Last edited:
Ok, now I've understood him.

In XF1 the thread titles in thread list are wrapped in h3-html(class) tags.
In XF2 the thread titles are no longer wrapped in any html heading tags.
He wants that the thread titles in thread list for XF2 are wrapped in h4-html(class) tags.

@AhmedBakr

Why do you want to do that? Do you want to change the size of the titles? Or for better SEO? Why?
Hello friend
That's exactly what I want.
I want to wrap the threads at the third level. <h3>
As in Xf1 , Not for SEO.
But to make accessibility easier
Most of the site visitors are blind
Change the view to what I want will make browsing the site on them very easy
For these reasons, I want to change the way I asked you.
Can you do that؟
And thank you very much for helping me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom