XF 2.2 Can I bulk update Nodes to change an option?

zackw

I have a ton of nodes, like over 660 of them. I need to change just one option on all of them, I want to enable the "Polls" thread type. Although I can imagine other cases where some common setting might need to be changed on a lot of nodes at once.
Is there a way to bulk update the nodes with this one option change?

I've scanned over the DB a bunch of times but can't find where these options are stored.

How can I bulk update the nodes?

It's in xf_forum.type_config but it's stored as a blob.

There are no bulk options for nodes and we would never recommend manually manipulating the database in that manner.

It's in xf_forum.type_config but it's stored as a blob.

There are no bulk options for nodes and we would never recommend manually manipulating the database in that manner.

What's the difference between a "forum" and a "node"? Isn't that the same thing? Curious why it wouldn't be in the xf_node table since that is defining the nodes. How is a forum different?

Anyway, it seems most of the data in these blob fields is empty, so either they are using defaults or the settings are somewhere else?

Node covers category, forum, search forum, link forum, page.

The column I mentioned is where it is configured.

Right, it's a BLOB field, but they are almost all empty, so there aren't any settings stored here. This means most of the settings are just using some kind of defaults. Can I configure the defaults maybe?

Top Bottom